Bottled Ship Builder

Different Perspective

I've always thought ship in bottle building was like painting a picture but in a bottle. I saw thos video on Facebook and it totally blrw my mind with the use of perspective.  Most of the ships in bottles are pretty regular but check out the ships in the up right bottles.  I've never seen anything like them.

On 8/15/2019 at 4:24 PM, Chasseur said:

Yes Igor it would be awesome if you could translate for us. I agree with Daniel the ships in the upright bottles are simply amazing!

Daniel thank-you for sharing this video what a great find* This videos gives all of us a new realm to dive into regarding bottling ships.

Jeff

In that video, Volodymyr just talks about his collection

One more video by Volodimer (It shows here how to make sails out of garlic skins) - 

Almost need  a poll here: what would the sails look like in 40 yrs? Because it's organic material, would the skin shrink and shrivel up, deteriorating? 

My Lexington 1776 is ready for sails. The onion I imagine is very flexible and forgiving, going into the bottle. 

Notice how the skin has lines on it? What a plus! 

I'm intrigued.

Edited by Jeff B

9 hours ago, Jeff B said:

Almost need  a poll here: what would the sails look like in 40 yrs? Because it's organic material, would the skin shrink and shrivel up, deteriorating? 

My Lexington 1776 is ready for sails. The onion I imagine is very flexible and forgiving, going into the bottle. 

Notice how the skin has lines on it? What a plus! 

I'm intrigued.

Yeah, Jeff, I'm interested in that question, too. Organic material is not very durable.