Bottled Ship Builder

Hi all

tfox

Hey everybody, I'm a new member!  My name is Terry Fox, from Des Moines, Iowa.  I'm kind of a newby, but I have managed to complete 6 SIBs.  I do mostly pretty small stuff cuz I'm not good at fine detail.  I started with a couple of Christmas bulb ships, which to me are easier to work on, and then went to bottles.  The one pictured is a 750 ml Russels Rye whiskey bottle.  I saw a picture somewhere of an old ship either under restoration or being build as a replica, so I used that as inspiration to do a ship that I could focus on a larger hull and depict it basically half-masted.  I wanted to make a better hull, and compared to my other work, I think I succeded.  There are 150+ parts in this thing, the majority on the hull.  Anyways, I hope for inspiration, as it seems I spend more time emptying the whiskey bottles instead of putting something creative inside of them!  Sorry for the poor photo....screwing around with a laptop and this it the best I could do.

post-170-0-52323700-1460844005_thumb.jpg