Bottled Ship Builder

Mini Junk

DSiemens

A quick little build. I got finished up just in time. I've been asked by a local private school to talk to a girl interested in pirates and ships in bottles. This is the second time this school has asked me to do this. Last time I built a little Bermuda Sloop for the boy I taught to demonstrate a ship that was very popular among pirates and opposite of what the movies show us. This time I built a junk. Since I'm teaching a middle school age girl I thought she might be very interested to know that the most successful pirate in history was a woman by the name of Ching Shih from China. It's possible one of the 300 ships in her fleet might have looked like this.

20150424_001028.jpg

20150424_000934.jpg

I had to build fast because I'm teaching tomorrow.  Some notes on this build.  The mast and spars are paint brush bristles.  Wood is cherry with paper bulwarks glued on then hardened with clear nail polish.  The bottle is a flu shot vile I got from work.  I like to think I put it to better use.