Bottled Ship Builder

Ship in a bauble?

On 12/3/2021 at 11:07 AM, JesseLee said:

Yes I have done one; The" Rouse Simmons" nicknamed the Christmas Tree Ship. Pictures are on here somewhere

Very nice Jesselee. I live very close to Lake Michigan and have had the "Rouse Simmons" on my bucket list of future builds. Some of the underwater images on the interweb of her are just amazing.

8 hours ago, Pat_Finnigan said:

It would be nice to find plans. I have been searching and while I've found some nice pictures, no plans. How do you build without plans?

There are various ship "plans" meaning hull lines etc. on google images. I have printed them off the interweb and then sized them with my printer to the right dimensions. D. Siemens (an admin on this site) has a build for new builders of a Bermuda Sloop. It is on the Build Logs section. That was one of my first builds and it helped me to understand the process a great deal. There are also a lot of books, many found cheap on ebay, that are on ship in bottle building that are a wealth of information. good luck!

• 1 month later...
On 12/3/2021 at 4:40 AM, Pat_Finnigan said:

Has anyone built a ship in a bauble (Christmas ornament)? I found some 4 inch clear ones at Michael's, and it gave me an idea.

Hi Pat!

Yes, I've made a few of these SIBs in during 2021

0bd682d14388.jpg

0f8e829cfce4.jpg

00c3ad46efa1.jpg

392abcf970f6.jpg

20b54eb4f380.jpg

3e0d42a7a46e.jpg

e12e417fc6a3.jpg

bab4abf30d9c.jpg

Edited by IgorSky