Bottled Ship Builder

CSS Alabama

Onni

She's ready. Took some photographs outside in the natural light. Painted the knot red but then got inspired to make a red,white and blue theme with stars on the stopper. The anchor with a line under it on the bottle top, is a nod to the Davenport crockery found at the wreak site. Hope you like it.

IMG_20200224_151713.jpg

IMG_20200224_151734.jpg

IMG_20200224_154456.jpg

IMG_20200225_140355.jpg

IMG_20200225_140423.jpg

IMG_20200225_140905.jpg

IMG_20200225_140939.jpg

IMG_20200225_141111.jpg

Davenport.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2020 at 2:28 AM, Onni said:

I did not come up with this jig Bruce.Sorry to say that i'm not that clever! I have lifted it from the Swedish ships in bottles web site. I think I posted a link to it before but anyway here it is again : http://www.flaskskepparna.se/bygga/bygga valknop.htm

It's not that difficult to follow the instructions, as the pictures really are pretty clear and easy to follow. (Don't ask me to translate!)😎

Sorry to be so late in replying.

The Swedish site is a good read, and there is an option to see it in Swedish or English 

before discovering the toggle, which for me is in the bottom of the page on the left, I had learned/deduced some useful Swedish maritime words

Lovely build, Onni, and thanks for the warts-and-all basis.  It gives me heart to proceed and maybe air my efforts.

andrew

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, Chasseur said:

Just got a chance to look at his. Excellent build, really enjoyed the pictures and your progress.

Well done Onni,

Chass

Thanks very much Chass. Glad you enjoyed the build.

Onni