Bottled Ship Builder

The princess royal 1841

Of course! You can use and modify as you like. I remembered yesterday I would like to add the hole indications on the bumpers, this is something i realized later that would help drilling the holes on the hull sides. I would also consider drilling them before glueing the bumbers, then use the bumpers to mask the holes. This drilling tears up the paper a bit around the holes, making a bit of a mess. Since I used a sheet that is a bit thinner than the original I am considering adding another bumper after i pass the cables through these holes to improve the look. Let’s see. Now I am working on the mast crossbeams. Lots and lots of holes to drill to support them...

Not much progress this weekend- cleaned up the trestle and did the first round of rigging. The bowsprite was quite easy. I have some doubts about the frizzy thread. Tried to reduce it with some wax, white glue and varnish, but with doubtful results. What do you think is good to reduce the frizz on polyether thread? Otherwise the thread looks good- color and tightness are great. Thanks for the comments!

8975F394-46E4-4C1E-BA95-75E58E4DF4BE.jpeg

3A2261D7-0BFC-4476-9094-ED7F35A0B8CD.jpeg

21 hours ago, RKS said:

Looks great!  I wonder what you may suggest to use for mast “hinges” as whatever came with my ok’d kit is missing?

Thanks!

I still had the original material, just some copper or brass wire, maybe 0,8mm (1/32” or so) in diameter.