Bottled Ship Builder

Japanese Method

I have a family,member who wants a japanese ship in bottle.  I thought it only fitting that I do it on the Japanese ship in bottle method.  However I'm having a hard time finding information on that method.  Any one know any websites, books or have contacts that could give me more details on this method?

Hi Daniel,

Edition 2003-4 of the Journal of the Ships in Bottles Association of America has a write up [pages 7-13] by Shinzo Icimura on the Japaneese method. I have a photocopy of it however some of the diagrams are hard to read. I’ll look next week when I am back in the office and see if I can send you the PDF.

Jeff

Here are 2 articles. The first is by Shinzo Ichimura pages 7-13 Edition 2003-4 and the second one is by Poul R. Hass Edition 2012, Bottleships my Way.

The more I look at this method I am thinking this is going to work the best for my Pruessen build as it will be way easier to get all of the ratlines and running rigging done without trying to battle around masts, stays, and sails. Unfortunately when you Google this method nothing really comes up!

Jeff

2003IS4.pdf

2012-4 issue.pdf

16 hours ago, Chasseur said:

Yeah, I agree. I thought about the aforementioned and wondered if there would be interest in a North American Ships in Bottles Association? We could look at amalgamating Canada, USA, and Mexico .... thoughts on this?

Jeff

NAFTA

what would President Trump think of this....... lol ....

Agreed.  Would be a very good idea to reserect a North American SIS Association

Edited by bluenoser