Bottled Ship Builder

"Foochow"

Onni

54 minutes ago, Spanky said:

Onni, very,, very nice. May I ask, did you cut your hull with a scroll saw? Thanks, again very impressive, so much knowledge around here.

Even though I have access to a  scroll saw I don't like to use it so much as the blade tends to 'jump' around too much for my liking, so I used a small hobby band saw with fine teeth;still a bit nerve wracking though. Before cutting up the hull I  drill 2x 1mm diameter holes through the hull ,vertically and horizontally so after the cut/cuts these holes will line up perfectly and I can peg the hull together so that it virtually looks like a complete hull again. Hope this answers your question.

On 11/29/2019 at 11:15 AM, Onni said:

Even though I have access to a  scroll saw I don't like to use it so much as the blade tends to 'jump' around too much for my liking, so I used a small hobby band saw with fine teeth;still a bit nerve wracking though. Before cutting up the hull I  drill 2x 1mm diameter holes through the hull ,vertically and horizontally so after the cut/cuts these holes will line up perfectly and I can peg the hull together so that it virtually looks like a complete hull again. Hope this answers your question.

Thank you, that was helpful.