Bottled Ship Builder

recently joined

Tubjugger

Share and share alike is my motto Gwyl, in fishing and bottling. To my everlasting shame i'm way behind on both. DS, very good to see you here, hopefully some of your dedication will rub off and get me out of the doldrums i've managed to navigate myself into.

I've got a model on the rigging stand that's been there so long it's literally dusty. I know for a fact this thing is going to scrape its shrouds off when it goes into the bottle, and there doesn't appear to be anything i can do about it, aside from putting it into a pickle jar!

TJ

Better a pickled ship than a pickled bottler i suppose, Gwyl! DS, glad i'm not the only one having a hiatus. Problem is my current model's got dust on it it'd been idle so long. I'd have got back sooner to it, but my kid bought me a replica of a Colt navy revolver, and i've been messing around with it, making powder and stuff. Time sure flies when you're having fun.

It is indeed fun DS,  and an excellent way to relax between models. They say Samuel Colt got the idea for his revolver from studying the operation of the ship's wheel while crossing the Atlantic as a young fellow. I wonder how much it would have changed history if Colt had watched the working of the ship instead of the operation of the wheel, and gone on to become an avid ship bottler rather than a major manufacturer of firearms.

TJ