Bottled Ship Builder

How do you make Dolphin Strikers.

Guys:

I've been hesitant to make dolphin strikers because I'm not sure what kind of material to use or how you would mount it without breaking the bowsprit.

I love the look of dolphin strikers and sure would like to incorporate them in my builds.

What is your favorite method of tackling this element ??

Thanks

Bruce Foxworthy

2 hours ago, Bruce Foxworthy said:

Guys:

I've been hesitant to make dolphin strikers because I'm not sure what kind of material to use or how you would mount it without breaking the bowsprit.

I love the look of dolphin strikers and sure would like to incorporate them in my builds.

What is your favorite method of tackling this element ??

Thanks

Bruce Foxworthy

Drill a small hole in the bowsprit the thickness of a needle,cut the pointed end off of a sewing needle and then glue the needle into the hole that you made earlier in the bowsprit. Thread your line through the eye of the needle and that's your dolphin striker made.

IMG_20190504_155206.jpg

Onni:

Sweet !! Well that's pretty easy. Thanks so much.

I also asked you earlier this morning about the Styrene your using. Where to get it, what thickness, how it acts with glues and paints??

Don't know if you saw that yet or not. I posed the questions on your build of the Terror,I believe.

Thanks Bruce Foxworthy