Bottled Ship Builder

Ship in Bottle Repair

Well I had my first opportunity at ship in bottle repair.  It was entirely different than I expected I'd do with a ship in bottle repair but I got it back together.  

0425192230.thumb.jpg.0a80d13c38546f29df0eb3b04feb3d05.jpg

I should have got a picture before I got it back together but when the gentlemen brought it over the mizzen main sail was floating around the bottle totally detached.  I had to maneuver it in place and glue it down.  Took two hours but I did it.  Funny thing with glass ships.  There no wiggle room.   

The whole thing is glass.  Its a glass blown ship in bottle.  I'm not sure how it all came together.  The bottom of the ship is fused into the bottle it self.  The sails are all glass.  It looked like the glass is fused together when its still hot.  The bottom sail was fused to the sail above it.  To much bumping around broke the two apart leaving a loose sail.  I was able to get it back in place and glue it where it was fused originally.

• 1 year later...

Hi there,

We have a family trinket which is a gass ship inside a bottle/vessel. During a house move even though we thought we packed it well, it got knocked and the ship has broken away from the base of the bottle. Is there any way it can be fixed?

Many thanks

Lin

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/6/2020 at 3:52 PM, DSiemens said:

Neville I sent you an email yesterday. Lets see what we can do to help you.

Hello there,

I have a jetty scene in a bottle. I have broken the bottle.

I was wondering if you could advise someone to replace the bottle. I do not care if it is plastic & glued.

It has some sentimental value. I can provide photos.

Many thanks

Howard Bowles

On 1/25/2021 at 8:37 PM, Howard said:

Hello there,

I have a jetty scene in a bottle. I have broken the bottle.

I was wondering if you could advise someone to replace the bottle. I do not care if it is plastic & glued.

It has some sentimental value. I can provide photos.

Many thanks

Howard Bowles

Post some photos.  If your willing to go the plastic route maybe we can talk about doing some form of case you could do yourself.  Also if your comfortable with giving your very general location like city and state/province let us know what area you live.  We are far and few between but its possible there may be some one near you that can help.  If that doesn't work private message me.  I've done a few repairs now and maybe we can work something out. 

• 5 months later...

Hi, not sure if anyone is still active on this forum but my boyfriend has a similar glass bottle that he recently broke and it was very sentimental to him. Would you know of anyone who would be able to fix it? It is in quite bad condition, I’m unable to attach an image however will be happy to email one if I get a response :) 

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2024 at 7:54 AM, tombzy said:

Hi I have a ship in glass bottle that my mom damaged some years back by breaking the neck of bottle,it's really of sentimental value to me as my mom passed away and I really would love to have it repaired

Wish I had a way to do this too. I have one with a broken bottle that I wish there was a way to repair but I think mine is broken into too many pieces to repair at all