Bottled Ship Builder

Steam schooner LENA. Scale 1/290

IgorSky

On next day I put in the bottle with the dried of the first layer "water" the underwater part of the hull, and propped her with the pieces of the dried silicone to align. Then I poured another thin layer of silicone. Tweezers placed to the hull is for fixing it at the time of drying of "water."

255.jpg

256.jpg

257.jpg

258.jpg

After another day, I filled and a third layer, reaching almost to the waterline.

Of course, the final conclusions it is too early to do, but so far that this material gives the optimistic expectations regarding its use for the project "The Old Man and the Sea." Just I think of the pigment should be added even less.

259.jpg

260.jpg

261.jpg

262.jpg

And, finally, I was able to proceed with the final assembly at the stand.
Assembling was carried out in the same order in which it will be made later in the bottle.
At this stage I revealed some mistakes that could likely to affect the assembly in the bottle, but ... something to alter it was too late.  Although, of course, I was going to try to fix some of them. For example, I was going again to attach ladder to the bridge and I to lift up the lifeboats.

So, first I installed the rear mast, the engine room and the bridge.

283.jpg

284.jpg

285.jpg

As you remember, I set on the deck several lifting eyes for fixing the rigging. Lifting eyes have a hole diameter of 0.2-0.3 mm. Since I'm going to put the mast in the bottle separatly from the hull, it will be quite a difficult task to stretch the thread through the lifting eyes. So I decided to insert the temporary loops from threads into them. 

303.jpg

304.jpg

305.jpg

306.jpg

307.jpg

308.jpg

309.jpg