Bottled Ship Builder
Shipbuilder

Tea Clipper Norman Court

That's really nice! You really 'own' the water, too! If I may, where do you obtain your plans? I'm not an expert by any means but I've not heard of this one. That would look great in a 'Pinch' scotch bottle since its main mast is taller than the others. It would occupy the bottle 'just right'!

Thanks.   The plans are in the updated 1988 version of Fast Sailing Ships, by David R. MacGregor.     The Norman Court was very well-known in her day, and considered to be one of the top tea clippers.    My wife painted the sea!        Other famous tea ships were Ariel, Thermopylae, Titania, Sir Lancelot, Taeping, Kaisow etc.     Plans of which may be found in various David MacGregor books, but hardly ever modelled due to the international fanatical obsession with Cutty Sark :lol: .

Bob

Funny how some ships really get 'publicity' and others don't! I've heard of Thermopylae and Titania but not the others. Thanks for the references, too. You wife does really nice work!