Bottled Ship Builder

Iron full-rigged ship Main

Shipbuilder

No, none in bottles.   I simply do not have the patience!     As I rig completely in wire (even the ratlines), it would be impossible for me to make them fold down and up again.    The masts and spars are also metal because I can get it down to the fine proportions required.     When I build a model, I like to see it up-and-running within the first hour of work, and completed in no more than 100 hours (timed on a stopwatch).     The Main took 40 hours, including making the display case and carrying case.    It is now in the US!

Bob

Yup Bob is our resident miniature builder per say. His knowledge of techniques in the same scale as us ship in bottle builders are very valuable and this forum is open to any one with interest in ships in bottles, whether they build them or not.

Beautiful as always Bob. I'm still determined to find a way to use wire for sib building. I have some thoughts in mind. Still need to try them out though.