Bottled Ship Builder

Pilot cutter Jolie Brise in a bottle - Scale 1/240

IgorSky

Hello to all!
Two weeks ago I started another small project in a bottle. This time it is a model of the pilot cutter Jolie Brise. This boat I like for a long time and now, finally, I "matured" for its construction. More or less suitable drawings of this boat, I never found. Found only the theoretical drawing of the hull and the general scheme of the sails. Also I found in the network a number of photos.
Well, and a suitable bottle was found.

A little of the history about Jolie Brise - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jolie_Brise

001.jpg

002.jpg

005.jpg

So, two weeks ago, on the first day of my short vacation, I started this building.
I started, as usual, with the manufacture of the base of the hull, which will be detachable at the waterline.
First, I cut out the wooden plates, of which the hull will consist.

003.jpg

004.jpg

Now it was possible to proceed to the sheathing of the boardes and the stern of the hull. I started with the stern, in which there are holes, apparently playing the role of scuppers. Because I was not sure that I would be able to cut through these "windows" in the hornbeam planking qualitatively, then I decided to make a compositing design.

022.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

026.jpg

027.jpg

028.jpg

029.jpg

030.jpg

031.jpg

Next, I glued the posts to the inside surface of the bulwarks. Because The bulwarks themselves gradually reduce their thickness in the process of sanding them from the outside, then their additional strengthening will be very useful. In addition, they will be very useful and to increase the area of gluing when installing gunwales.

059.jpg

060.jpg

061.jpg

062.jpg

063.jpg

064.jpg

Next, I cut through the deck in the places of the entrance tambours and lined the walls of the holes with planks. I do not know for sure whether there will be open doors in the entrance tambours, but, just in case, decided to refine these holes in the deck

094.jpg

095.jpg

096.jpg