Bottled Ship Builder

Steam schooner LENA. Scale 1/290

IgorSky

So, I was going to fix the back of the mast and its standing rigging, and then install and fix running rigging... But it turned out that the guys on the one hand have been set incorrectly. :(
I had to pull out the mast and do everything over again.
Then I set the running rigging too. These temporary loops did their job.
And than after yet another validation, I just had to fix them with glue and trim the excess ends.

329.jpg

330.jpg

331.jpg

332.jpg

333.jpg

334.jpg

335.jpg

336.jpg

16711999_771393946346058_2089154769724803806_n.jpg

Edited by IgorSky

Many thanks for your feedback, friends!

17 hours ago, DSiemens said:

Excellent photography.  The sea is incredible, I really like that you can see the prop under the water.  The line situation looks tough.  Are you able to get the ship out at this point?   

No, Daniel, at this point the hull parts were glued together and I could not remove the ship from the bottle.
But I continue this story... :)
In the next morning I started to repair the breaches. At first, I pasted the eye in  hole. I made a small and simple tool for the job. Preliminarily, I conducted several training sessions on the stand to test this idea.

349_1.jpg

341.jpg

Many thanks for your support and feedback, friends!
I try to make a detailed description of the process of the building of the model so that you can see my mistakes and possible solutions. Unfortunately, I can not avoid mistakes in almost every one of my projects. But I am glad that usually  these are new mistakes, not a repetition of the old ones :)

18 hours ago, JesseLee said:

I too love the way you can see through the sea. Fantastic work Igor!

Jesse

Jesse, this time I'm almost satisfied with the result I received. Now I can continue to work with another of mine projects - the Old Man and the Sea.

Best Regards!

Igor.