Bottled Ship Builder

Mini SIB - J-class Yacht 1/1000

IgorSky

Hi everyone!
I think some of the members of our forum have seen the process of building this model on FB or forum MSW. But perhaps someone will be interesting to see this process here too.

So, some time ago my friends gave me the empty perfume flacon with a quite unusual shape. :)
70277f807d83t.jpg

Form of this bottle interested for me, and it also dictated the choice of the future of content - a collective image of the J-class yachts. The yacht Endeavour was taken as prototype.

Edited by IgorSky

And ... it's still happened ... It was a sad moment when I discovered a crack in one of the corners of the bottle. ((
Resin really strongly have reduced its volume. I think there are two reasons for this failure - I filled the heated resin and I added too much hardener. ((

4899d2b4b79ft.jpg

This incident forced me to make adjustments to my plan of action.
I had planned to put the model into the bottle, close the bottle the cork and on this to stop. But now I have to make a stand and come up with something for concealing and fixing crack.

d17c85c2f755t.jpg