Bottled Ship Builder

I also noticed that signatures have been eliminated, previewing the post is no longer possible and that editing a post is not allowed (perhaps due to a time limit). All very minor compared to photos reduced to thumbnail size. The whole point of this site is the photos.

I also find that I can't view the Gallery without a password, my login password won't work.

Edited by Dave Fellingham

3 hours ago, Dave Fellingham said:

I also noticed that signatures have been eliminated, previewing the post is no longer possible and that editing a post is not allowed (perhaps due to a time limit). All very minor compared to photos reduced to thumbnail size. The whole point of this site is the photos.

I also find that I can't view the Gallery without a password, my login password won't work.

Hi Dave,  I think the signatures are working properly and I think the edit is also working.  Also the gallery should be working too. Let me know if it is not please.  I am still working on the size of the images.

Gwyl

2 hours ago, Chasseur said:

Wow some big changes. Definitely will take a little time to get use to.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,  yes there are some changes.  Our software was behind several updates and we needed to stay current with security updates etc.  There are a few bugs that still need to be sorted out.  I should have most if not all fixed in the next day or two.  

On quoting, you need to start a reply and then scroll up to the post you want to quote and click the quote link.

Gwyl

I have access to Gallery now.

I can't edit my first post in this topic (error code: EX0 [looks like a zero]) but I can edit my second post. It's titled on the browser tab as "A configuration or server error has occurred". I suspect it's a time limit for editing.

Btw, I think the new Gallery is an improvement.

Upon further investigation I found that there is now what appears to be a time limit to editing the initial post in a topic but not to any others.

On 6/6/2016 at 5:27 PM, Dave Fellingham said:

I noticed today that all the posted photos have been reduced to thumbnail size instead of what we had previously.

Hi Dave,  We able to rebuild the attachments so I think all photos previous to the upgrade are now at there normal larger size.  Please let me know of other issues should they arise.

Thanks

Gwyl

On 6/6/2016 at 5:35 PM, Dave Fellingham said:

previewing the post is no longer possible and that editing a post is not allowed 

Hi Dave,  We are still working on a fix for editing the first post in a topic.   Previewing posts is still possible and can be accessed by holding your curser over the topic in the index for that forum and the preview will appear.  There you will see the first post and there is a tab to see the last post in the topic.  The nice thing about this preview vs the older one is that you can now see images etc in the preview.

Gwyl

I was referring to previewing a post being written to see how it will look. There's a 'preview' button (in the response box) but it doesn't preview anything -- I don't really understand what it's previewing.

The first page of my Constitution build log still has thumbnail photos but the other pages are okay. I assume other multi-page topics are similar but haven't checked. My insanity hard water racing yacht is okay but it's just one page.